I know I haven’t posted in a long while. I’ve been sick for a month and work has been. ..intense. Here’s a random trip I took my group on . We paid two bucks to take a short ferry ride to Governor’s Island. We didn’t have much time to explore and it was a last mintue idea for a trip so we were going in blind. I couldn’t help feeling like I was on episode of The Walking Dead. I just kept picturing zombies coming over the hill.
Tags: blog, Blog Challenge, blogging, Blogging Challenge, challenge, fail, life, write, writer, writing, writing fail, Writing Prompts
Why hello there wordpressers. Sooo, the blog challenge was an epic fail. A day got away from me…and the days started to add up. Before i knew it, it was a week later. A blink of the eye, it was two weeks later.
I admit it was a little overwhelming to post everyday for the blog challenge. Previous challenges I have completed, i used to binge write on my days off and schedule them to publish the day off. This time around, I was attempting to write everyday, not in advance.
I admit, I let the fear of the effort it takes to write prevent me from trying. Once i hit two days, I was like OMG i have so much to write I don’t have the energy for it.
It was just a combination of life taking a toll on me. When I came home from work, I was just done for the day. Things at home were hectic too with my dad having surgery.
My head space was not good.
I may have failed.
But, I am not defeated.
I will try again. I’m aiming for the weekend. I already know work this week is jammed packed and I’m putting in extra time so I’m not going to even bother to set myself up for that failure. But, no plans this weekend. Three day weekend at that. So, that’s the goal I’m aiming for.
I’m thinking of picking up from where I left off with the 30 day challenge.
I’m sorry to disappoint to the few people that were following my daily challenge. But, stay tuned, it’s not over yet.
Tags: #notime, blog, blogging, busy, family, life, time
Day 14, your earliest memory. I blogged about this many years ago, reblogging it for today’s challenge.
As you all know from my last few posts, I did some writing challenges over on a friend’s blog. If your interested please pop over there and check it out. While doing that Challenge i noticed another blog , The Daily Post, many were following and doing challenges/writing prompts. So i popped over to check it out.
Going through that blog it reminded me of the creative writing group I was part of in college and even the one I was in during high school. Lately, I have been missing school…especially talking to co-workers who are currently students and reading blogs of current students. So when i saw this blog, I instantly knew I was in.
I have been struggling since working my seasonal retail job with time and managing my time. My blogging has taken a negative affect from that. So, I will doing a few of the…
View original post 702 more words
Tags: beach, goals, life, paradise, plans, travel, vacation
Day 13: A place you want to visit. Pictures will express my dream vacation.
Tags: acarde, blog, Blog Challenge, blogging, commute, Drink, Drinking, family, friend, friendship, job, life, love, pet, pets, routine, work
Day 12: Bullet point your whole day
I’m going to bullet point yesterday because today is errand day and I slept a big chuck of the morning.
- 3:00am – Get out of bed to let the dog out of the room, put the light on in the hallway and watch the dog run down the stairs and listen to hear if my dad greets her and will take her out (he goes to sleep super early he usually wakes up around 3:00am). Did not hear him greet her so stumble down the stairs and THEN he realizes the dog is staring at him and said he could take her out front.
- 3:05am Clean the dog’s paws then pit stop in the bathroom.
- 3:15 am Praying to fall back asleep.
- 4:45am Alarm to wake up for work is blazing.
- 4:45-5:10am Bathroom regime ( brush teeth, shower , etc).
- 5:10-5:20am Make coffee.
- 5:20-6:00am Getting ready process. I start with having a smoke. I sip coffee and check my messages and look up the weather. I look up directions and screen shot what i need for work for the day,today I was winging my workday so didnt really look up anything just bumped up some worksheets on pinterest to have for quick printing access if need be. Then lotion I up and deodorant up and get dressed. Pack my purse. Write a note for the hubby. Then i sit and finish my cup of coffee and have another smoke and then give the hubby a goodbye kiss ( he is still sleeping) before i leave the room.
- 6:00-6:15am. Fill up my water bottle and put it in the freezer. Put shoes on. Picked out an outwear cardigan for the day. Spent five minutes trying to get the dog out from under the table, had to trick her with a treat to get her to come out.
- 6:15- 7:00 am Dog went on an adventure, i was not happy. She pooped badly ( what the hell did she eat?!) and needed a butt bath.
- 7:00- 7:10 am Gave dog a quick but bath and dried her up.
- 7:10 -7:15am Ate a bowl of cereal
- 7:15am-7:30am Brush my hair and brush my teeth again. Grab my water bottle out the freezer and get assembled to head out. Spray body spray. Say bye to the dog.
- 7:3am-8:00am Commute to work.
- 8:00-8:10am Buy morning gigantic coffee from Dunk Doughnuts then walk to the office.
- 8:15-8:30am Morning prep for the work day. Put the coffee pot on. Spoke with co-workers and discussed plan for the day. Got supplies i needed for the day.
- 8:30-8:40 Go outside to smoke before i clock in
- 8:45 : Back in the office i start stepping up for group, make cups of coffee and put second pot to brew (attendance incentive if clients come to program early or at least on time they get a cup of coffee)
- 9:00am-10:00am Ran a group.
- 10:00am-10:15am Break time , went out for a smoke
- 10:15am-10:25am Went to the bathroom and waited for my group to be finished using the facilities.
- 10:25am- 11:30am Group went to a local park for a little while.
- 11:30am-11:35am Try to figure out how to turn on the smart board.
- 11:35am -1:00pm Finally got the smart board working so gave a lesson on interviews do’s and don’ts utilizing youtube videos. Held mock interviews until group was dismissed.
- 1:00pm-1:10pm Smoke break
- 1:10pm-2:15pm Paperwork/case notes.
- 2:15pm-2:20pm Another smoke while talking to the hubby on the phone discussing meal agenda before heading to the train.
- 2:20pm- 3:20pm Travel home, stopped at the atm and then at the pizza spot and got a pizza pie and then went home and almost dropped said pizza when the little doggie was attacking my shins trying to say hello to me.
- 3:20pm-3:30pm Bathroom stop and I’m a little ocd I have to wash my hands up to my elbows and wash my face.
- 3:30pm- 4:30pm Stuffed my face. Facebooked. Smoked a cig. A little relaxing hang out with the hubby .
- 4:30pm-5:00pm Feed the dog, walked her, cleaned out her water dish and put out fresh water and gave her “the talk” that I’m going out and she needs to be a good doggie and pet and hug her and gave her a treat for good measure.
- 5:00pm- 5:30pm Freshened up and changed my outfit and fixed myself up a little.
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Commute to times square where I was meeting a friend ( Dave and Busters).
- 6:30pm-6:50pm Waited for friend who was late.
- 6:50pm-7:15pm Friend arrived and we waited for a table to eat.
- 7:15pm-9:15pm Eating, Drinking, Talking.
- 9:15pm-10:15pm Played in the arcade.
- 10:15pm-11:00pm Sat at the bar having a last drink with friend.
- 11;00pm-12:00am Friend and I commuted home( we take the same bus/train she just takes it further)
- 12:oo am-12:10 am Walked home from bus stop.
- 12:10am-1:00am Hubby and dog was waiting for me out front ( i texted when i got off the bus to let him know i was walking). Hugs and kisses all around. Bathroom and clean up ritual ( brush teeth, wash hands and face) and then made sure the dog was cleaned up. Grabbed a few water bottles from the fridge and the three of us went to our room for the night. Hubby and I changed into pjs then had a smoke together and spoke about our days. We had some cuddles with the doggie and watched a comedy special until we all drifted off to sleep.
That was my day is bullet points.
Tags: #musicislife, #rocker, blog, Blog Challenge, blogging, disturbed, Drowning Pool, five finger death punch, Magic, Music, Music roulette, posion, rap, reggea, rock
Day 11: Put your ipod on shuffle, write down the first ten songs.
1) Song: This is My War
Album: Got your Six
Artist : Five Finger Dear Punch
Album: Don’t kill the Magic
Artist : Magic
Artist : Drowning Pool
4) Song: Tempted to touch
Album: Dancehall reggae throwback compilation
Artist : Beres Hammond and Cutty Ranks
Artist : Bell Biv Devoe
6)Song: The Sound of Silence
Artist : Disturbed
7) Song: Turn So Cold
Album: Drowning Pool
Artist : Drowning Pool
8) Song: I Apologize
Album: Got Your Six
Artist : Five Finger Death Punch
9)Song: Ghetto Supastar
Album: Ghetto Supastar
Artist : Pras featuring Old Dirty Bastard and Mya
10) Song: The Eye of the Storm
Artist : Disturbed
Tags: #bloggingchallenge, #habits, blog, Blog Challenge, blogging, Comfort, guilty pleasure, lfe, things we do, write, writer
Day 10: What is your guilty pleasure?
I think most of my guilty pleasures could be summed up in a previous post i wrote earlier in this challenge : comfort foods.
I would like to add two more things
- Alcohol. I’m a drinker. I love to drink. I’m not an alcoholic. I don’t get to drink often anymore, the whole being a responsible adult and all that. Plus, I get hangovers now. Part of getting older i guess. I miss the days of slamming back shots and not have to worry about puking or feeling like death the next day. When i drink i have to plan proper recovery time.
- Lazy Day. I know this is odd for a guilty pleasure. But, usually as adults your day off from work is reserved for errands, chores and stuff you put off all week. My guilty pleasure is saying eff it. Leaving the dust for another day and have a stay in pj’s and in bed day with the hubby and dog and binge watching netflix. Just thinking about it I’m already sighing in the relaxing thought.
Tags: blog, blogging, Blogging Challenge, Career, day service, dream job, future, job, life, life goals, Retail, work, writing
And that’s the million dollar question. I haven’t quite figured it out what I want my dream career to be.
I did enjoy working retail. Not so much the crap pay, hours and crappy people. I did love though, being in charge of my department, maintaining inventory, pricing and visuals. It was my own little world. I was the expert. I love redoing whole fixtures,sizing, restocking and refolding shelves creating master pieces of displays. I even loved Black Friday, finding and tossing jeans piles at a time to customers in record time.
I do love my current job, working in a day service program with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. It’s rewarding and gratifying work. It’s heart warming and positive. Everyday, i make a difference and that’s a good feeling. It’s tons of fun at times. It’s stressful and a lot of pressure and often times so tiring when you come home from work you have no energy to do anything.
But as for life long careers? I’m not sure.
I do know, i like to be home. I like to clean. I like to cook. I like home projects. I love tending to the dog. I love to read. I love to write. Ideally, my dream job would give me the ability to work at home, hours of my choice. It would give me freedom and flexibility to volunteer in program like i currently work, animal shelters and green earth organizations. I just want the financial security and the freedom to invest in things I love and have the ability to satisfy all my humanitarian interests.
Do you know what the job is ? I sure haven’t figured it out…